hamfist

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labatt 50 In Your Underpants

We all went to John K's house a few weeks back for a George Liquor production kickoff party. I would have posted this earlier but in my drunken stupor I left my camera at his house and I had a...um "difficult" time getting it back.


Anyway, the story behind this pic is this. John thinks Labatt 50 is the only real "manly" beer out there. Real Canadians get hammered on the stuff daily. But John's problem is he can't find it anywhere in LA. So he realizes, guess who's flying in for a production meeting from Detroit, the city so friendly with Canada we share not just bridge, but a tunnel? Yep, yours truly.

So I run around on a wild goosechase trying to find the crap, ultimately locate a case...of bottles! Hmm, a case of glass, checked onto a plane sounds like a bad idea for umpteen reasons. So I call John and ask him what he thinks.

ME: I could only find bottles man, let's just drink somethin' else, PBR or somthin'.

JOHN: No! I pack 50 all the time! Just wrap the bottles in socks and shirts and stuff. It'll be fine!"

O-Kay!?

So I'm checking in, and guess what? My suitcase is 80 pounds! Because of the beer, and the extra crap surrounding it.

I strip 10 pounds out of it, get it to 70 pounds. That's still overweight, but they allow it, for a 50 dollar fee...

So I board. From the plane I see some 80 year old luggage handler struggle to get my case on the plane. He can't! Suddenly an ex-NFL lineman appears out of a delivery truck hoists it up onto the conveyor belt. Whew!

We land. I wait at the luggage pickup really expecting to see my bag dripping wet and stinking like Canadian swill.

It drops down, perfect! No problems...

Until I get to the hotel.

I unpack and as I peel layers of clothes away from the case, things are getting damper and stinkier. And what's this... glass! Yay!

$75 for a case of beer. 2 broken bottles. Stank clothes.

Drinking Labatt 50 doesn't make you more manly. The shards of glass that make their way into your underwear after traveling with it, does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home